Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Vicious in Vegas and the October Aftermath

     October is always a busy month for me and this October was no exception. I was lucky enough to spend Halloween weekend in Vegas with Little Miss Vicious and the weekend was really awesome! She is such a fun person and I would not have had it any other way to have someone else be my partner in crime for the weekend. Vegas during Halloween weekend is so much fun! I loved seeing drunk and confused party people in costumes everywhere I looked! Our first step after sushi on Friday night was the Hard Rock Café, which was followed by a short visit to the Double Down Saloon (One must try the Bacon Martini and the Ass Juice...though they give killer morning headaches). We walked the strip only to temporarily adopt a transient named Markus who followed us around for some time and added to our mayhem.....fun times....fun times....
    
     Saturday morning Vicious and I headed for breakfast before heading to Cha Cha Velour's Las Vegas School of Burlesque for my Hula Hoop dance workshop. We did a bit of damage shopping after at some local Vegas dance stores before getting ready for our show. The show went great and I was utterly impressed by all of the Vegas performers especially Anita Brassiere's and La Rosa Muerta's performances. La Rosa Muerta blew me away with her Vampire Striptease act! After the show Vicious and I headed out again to enjoy Vegas Halloween madness style and club hop.

    Sunday we stopped again for sushi before heading to Circus Circus to watch a clown show. Circus Circus was followed by a pit stop at State line visiting Whiskey Pete's (to see Bonnie and Clyde's Death car) and Buffalo Bill's for a bite to eat. Due to traffic we stopped at the Alien Fresh Jerky Shop before continuing our drive home....which took about 7 hours due to a big rig crashing on the 15 Southbound (Hopefully everyone was ok) We were stuck in traffic for several hours so we stopped the engine alongside several others on the 15 and hula hooped under the stars talking to other passengers along the highway. We made it home about 3 am. All in all the adventure was pleasing.

 
Hula- La and Little Miss Vicious at the Las Vegas School of Burlesque with local Vegas performers.

 
Hula- La and Little Miss Vicious in Vegas with Cha Cha Velour (Thank you to the two photo bombers in the back. You made this photo ten times more awesome!)
 
 
Also thank you to Markus our random transient groupie turned roadie that we found stumbling up the side streets of Las Vegas. (Ps We still have your shirt.....that sounds so wrong on so many levels.)
 
 
I think we changed over four times on Saturday. 
 
 
I have to give a shout out of respect to the Cabernet Cabaret Ladies. They are some of the most wonderful women I have ever met. None are professional dancers but started taking my class and they blossomed into amazing dancers through their newfound passion for burlesque. I was able to watch women who started off as strangers to each other build a rich friendship through dance. They are all so varied in age, personality and backgrounds. Some are mothers, one is a doctor, one a schoolteacher and another a credit manager. They are all from different occupations and after two months of consistent practice they executed a wonderful Halloween performance earlier this month. I am so grateful for these women to have crossed paths with me. I have learned so much from them. They are all so unique, interesting, creative, talented and from working with them I gained a different perspective on the joy of community, friendship, choreography, life and burlesque.

Thank you ladies for being you!
You have helped me so  much grow as a person, dance instructor and woman.
I hope I have helped you as much as you have helped me!!