Friday, December 27, 2013

A Night in Beverly Hills with Tim Daley

     So I’m not the kind of gal to just jump in bed with any ol guy….and by that I mean being photographed in bed by a photographer. Perhaps in my early modeling days I was a bit more open as to who I allowed in my bed but oh how the times have changed. I am a lot more selective these days as to who can shoot me. Many art models and women are totally ok with bearing all for the camera and can open up immediately, and to each her own, but I work a bit more under exclusive rights and am not so much of a free for all cam glamour girl. Perhaps I am old fashioned….or perhaps I am just a little bit more intimate.  

       Regardless of the circumstances in which I operate......I had the pleasure of working with NY photographer, Tim Daley. Mr. Daley shot me boudoir style in Beverly Hills while he was working in Los Angeles for a few days on a corporate photography project. He found me due to his interest in working with local Los Angeles models in his free time and I am glad that he did.


     Chemistry is pretty darn important to me. You either have it or you don’t. And Tim and I had it. Our first interaction was via phone call and we hit it off instantly discussing art, music, life, vices, culture and travel. So I knew I was going to be more than happy with the finished product. I was more than impressed with his outlook, his down to earth persona and his insanely sharp eye for detail. We bounced ideas back and forth as to who and what were our inspirations and finally agreed upon a contrast theme consisting of a trashy erotic vibe with a fetish twist (contrasted by a not so trashy part of the city!)
 
     Upon my first meeting with Tim Daley at the L'Ermitage in Beverly Hills I knew that the shoot would be more than amazing. We hit it off famously as if we were two high school kids discovering they liked the same bands on the first day of class. We jived and were kindred spirits. It was an intense shoot full of perspective atmosphere..... 900 pictures and about 3 hours later we called it quits before heading to WE HO for cocktails and dinner at Hamburger Mary's where we enjoyed a drag and burlesque show.

 
Not quite sure what it was about Tim, as I have shot with several photographers before but Tim is special and I feel he captured me in the way I wanted to be and I do feel he most certainly got me as a person, model and performance artist.
 
Something about the world through his lens....
 
Tim is one of my people, a member from my tribe and I am lucky that we briefly crossed paths.